Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Um...Michelle was a bad bad girl?


Part of my New Year's resolutions is not only to write everyday but to also be honest with myself and others when I don't. It's no surprise to my friends that my darling hubby has been out of work since March. (He's doing much better than I would under the circumstances) so pretty much the household expenses are dependent upon me and my job. I really love my day job. I'm in sales but right now with the economic crisis it's harder and harder to do my job. With plant layoffs and the basic reduction of the gross economic product I'm having to work five times harder than I was last April just to get appointments. And let me tell you I was working pretty damn hard then. I'm not whining--this is simply a fact.

Which is the reason that I didn't write last night. I am going to write tonight. I've promised myself. And I'm tired. And I ended up not leaving the office until after 7:00 p.m. However, sales people have to make numbers and you do what you have to do to survive.

However, I'm still really proud of myself and I'm not going to beat myself up. I know there will be days like yesterday and I'm sure to have more of them in the future. The key I think is to get back on track immediately. Which I will do tonight.

I'm at the halfway point tonight at six hundred words and will be shutting it down here shortly.

Girls, if there is a will, there is a way. That's all I know and this is something that is drastically critical to my self satisfaction. My feeling that I am in control of my own destiny. So when it feels like you just can't sit down to the computer and write? Don't think about it. Just do it.

2009 is the year. I'm going to make it happen come hell or high water.

Will come back after I'm done and update word meters and post.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Loved the picture! And I'm glad you aren't beating yourself up!

You're doing dam* good girl!!!!

You've got some powerful determination going on!! 2009 IS the Year!!!

Michelle said...

Well, I am beating myself up a little bit but that's my nature anyway. My daughter tells me that even if I'm not worried about something that worries me. LOL. I'm neurotic, what can I say?

But you are right. I am determined. 100% committed to doing something that I want to do. I don't want to wake up 70 and say geez--I really wish I had done that.

Carla Swafford said...

That's rough and understandable. You go, girl!

Hope he had dinner on the table for you. LOL! Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Michelle said...

LOL! He did Carla! I've got the sweetest husband and I feel so bad for him. I just wish this economy would pick up. Truly!