Sunday, January 11, 2009

Steady as she goes


Well, I've made it five days. That's progress. Tonight I upped the tension in my short story. I'm really liking this now and have a decent villain. Hopefully.
I hit 8229 words tonight and yes they are going to need a lot of spit polishing before I'm done, but right now I'm just trying to get the words on the paper. I can already see that I've used a lot of repetitive words and will have to pull out my handy dandy thesarus to fix all those nasty little buggars. But hey, I'm just happy to get my words count.

1,117 words tonight.

Today was a good day, went to church, and then came home and made some supper. I should have done some work work but just couldn't bring myself to do it. Helped Megs take some pictures for her jewelry website. She sold a really pretty necklace last night. She's doing well and all her sales help buy food, and necessitities for the horse.

Megs finished Eclipse tonight and says she going to start Breaking Dawn tomorrow. I don't know what she'll do when she finishes but it will be fun to finally be able to talk to her about it. She's taking the Phantom of the Opera with her to school tomorrow so they can watch it. I'm sure we'll have more Gerry converts after that. Should be fun.

Wish me luck on making appointments tomorrow. Hopefully I'll find someone who needs international transportation. Oye.

Hope everyone had a great and productive day! Oh, and I talked to J tonight. Finally. She's one busy lady, I tell you! Hang tough girls. This is our year! Do or die time.

5 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Michelle!

I love your posts! They are sooo uplifting!!! I have a suggestion for after breaking dawn... S. Meyers wrote another book called midnight sun. It's edwards version/pov of twilight. For some reason this verson got released into the internet and so it won't be published BUT she did post the draft on her website to be fair to her fans who didn't want to read midnight sun illegally.

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html

I think it's an unpolished draft. I didn't read it but I plan on reading it someday.

Hugs,
Mary... who is doing section sheets!

Michelle said...

Mary,
Thank hon! I saw that. I'll have to print it out for her. I really would like her to read some of the Walter Farley books. Remember the Black Stallion? As crazy about horses as she is, I really think she'd like them. I'm taking it with baby steps with her though. LOL

I'm glad my posts are uplifting. Sometimes its hard to come in here and work, but this is something I really want to do. So I'm making the time to do it. I don't want another year to go by where I say geez I know I can write but I just didn't.

Have a great week hon!

Unknown said...

Great job on the writing. You must be so proud of Meg for her progress with Meyers' books. I finally finished the last 2 books over the Christmas Holidays while I was visiting in La. My daughter is dyslexic, so I can relate to Meg's previous dis-enchantment with reading. She might like MJ Davidson and her husband's YA series about Jennifer Scales.

Carla Swafford said...

Horse books were the only type I read growing up. When I ran out of those I started reading westerns and medievals. And then I found romances...

Congratulations on keeping up with your word count. That's so hard to do for sure.

Michelle said...

Hey Bonita. You are right. I really am proud and a little amazed at her. She's ready Breaking Dawn now, and is about 1/3 through the first of the book and she just gave me this look--you'll know what part I'm talking about and she said and I quote..."What the heck is that all about?"

I just laughed and told her to keep reading.

Thanks for the support on the writing. Heavens knows I'm trying so very hard.

Carla, did you read all the Walter Farley books? Black Stallion, Man O'War, etc? I really loved those books. I had a hard time with Black Beauty. It was a little too sad for me--too realistic.

Hope everyone is having a good day/night writing!