Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A possible beginning...



One beginning:

Miranda had known, for a long time that her days were numbered. Sometimes she could forget when she was with her friends, other normal teenagers, but other times, the times when they talked about their future, their dreams, or what they wanted to do with their lives? She couldn’t. Future equaled one big black wall with no writing, no color, just a big ever growing hungry void. It was difficult to shove the knowledge to the back of her brain and forget it existed. Forget that somewhere, out in the vast world and beyond, someone wanted her dead, and they’d do anything to make sure she didn’t reach her eighteenth birthday. Which was exactly three hundred and sixty-two days away.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll talk to you soon. Love, Janie

Trisha said...

Hey Michelle! Good to hear from you and I hope you are doing well. I need to post on my blog.
Last week I found out I made the finals in the Melody of Love contest and 2 hours later, I got a call from the home buyers saying we should have a closing date on Monday. Talk about Stress!!

Michelle said...

I miss ya, Janie! And Dixie Belle, how wonderful. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well for you!!!

Hugs to you both