Monday, June 22, 2009

Odd

It is so odd to be blogging right now. Strange and surreal and I'm not sure I really feel like myself some days.

Maybe I'm numb?

I'm trying to dig up my old wip's and take a look at them. It's been quite a while since I've written anything other than a letter, email or blog post (and those have been few and far between).

I'm trying to dig deep to find that ambition I used to have and while I may be scratching around for it, sometimes I feel it and then it and just when I get close it scurries away in the other direction.

I think I'm just tired tonight. Great day though. I worked this morning and will be visiting some friends later in the week. Went and sat out by the pool with a friend of mine while the girls splashed around. It's still VBS time here in the deep South (Vacation Bible School time) and we're busy with that, or my daughter is busy with that which means that I have morphed into a taxi driver for most of the time.

It's been very hot here the last few days. Humid and hot and I actually killed a mosquito which is rare for North Carolina. Probably from all this rain.

Looking forward to my few days at the beach coming up. I think I need them. A little away time never hurt anyone!

I want a really good book to lose myself in and I've tried a few but nothing seems to be hitting the spot.

Hugs,
M

3 comments:

Trisha said...

Try writing something new and different. Maybe in a genre you've never tried before. That may get your creative juices flowing.

Trisha said...

Hey, I hope you doing good! Post and let us know how you are.

Unknown said...

Good Luck! I hope things work out for you and your family. I was most fortunate when I return to LA because my old bosses created a position for me, part time at first. However, after 2 months, starting Monday, I will resume full time employment.