Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Weekend away

Oh, and I needed it so badly. I'll be posting pictures here soon. I know, I know, it's been oh so very long since I've posted. Would it help to know that I've been insanely busy? That actually working for a living, in your own field and getting paid appropriately is less worrisome but still worrisome in a way because it leaves you less time to write?

Gosh I'm a selfish creature aren't I?

I want my cake and want to eat it too. I've never been one where things have easily come to me. Something is always wrong if it happens that way. I remember the first short story I sold to a real live magazine. Know what happened? They accepted it and then closed their doors before it could be published. Shame that, I was so proud for about two seconds. LOL.

I'm currently reading Stephanie Meyer's new book THE HOST. If you haven't read it and did read Twilight and thought she might have perhaps just gotten lucky? Been in the right spot at the right time? Well, think again. She has written this wonderfully complex novel that is HUGE...again...but so wonderful. *sigh* So wonderful in fact, and I'm not a science fiction person mind you, that I'm trying to only read two or three chapters a night so I can savor it slowly like a fine wine. This is so hard for me and I think I'm going to have re-read it again because I know I haven't gotten all the little nuances and slights of hand she has thrown in there. Can't say enough good about it.

One of my dear friend's and my daughter's best friend (mother and daughter combo) are leaving us at the end of the month. I'm going to miss them so badly. I promised Katie that if did nothing else this year, I would finish her book. She's read the first couple of chapters and said she will nag me forever if I don't finish. So I suppose I must.

Hope all is going well for everyone else. I'll be back to post some wildflower pictures from the "Cottage"

No comments: